Monday, June 8, 2009

First Batch

I made my first batch of soap toady and I am pleased with how it turned out. I have to wait 24 hours to pop them out of the mold and cut them. It is killing me, I want them done now. All great things take time though. After I pop them out of the mold and cut them into large and small bars, the bars will have to sit for 7 days to cure. For my first batch I made Lavender, Black Cherry, and Rain.

I took the left over residue in the pan from the glycerin, after making the soap and washed my dishes with it. Now I have been a diligent user of Dawn for 20 years and I am going to switch to mine after using it today. My hands are the softest they have ever been. If you do not believe me try some for yourself. I am going to do my laundry with it next.

2 comments:

  1. They look wonderful and smell so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yo for your help today. That could have turned into 3 Mile Island in our kitchen today if you had not been there. I am so glad I waited till you were home.

    ReplyDelete